|These pages were written for the many forum
people who have asked me .."How do I do that"? They're not really meant as
a guide to building web pages .... just a guide to having fun on the forums.
written them to show some of the neato stuff you can do at the StudiosUSA,
Network54, Slipstream and BraveNet forums ... or anywhere else you post that is HTML friendly. Each
site is different, so you may need to experiment a bit. I'll let you know about specific
things to watch out for as we go along.
StudiosUSA, Slipstream, AndromedaTV Message Boards - currently won't let you use HTML, but
*will* let you use UBB, a simplified hypertext language written by
Ultimate Bulletin Board.
StudiosUSA Notes and FAQs
- Net54 will italicize a word for you if you enclose it in asterisks.
- Net54 will underline a word for you if you surround it with
- Net54 now defaults to HTML mode, so you don't have to choose or not choose.
- Net54 does weird things if you add your own paragraph tags. It
doesn't recognize "end paragraph" tags.
- Net54 now lets you preview your post - if you are trying to use HTML, please preview
- if you select the "Read All Posts" option (which shows all posts sequentially
in full instead of in outline form) no matter what post you are responding to, it make a
new topic post instead of a parking the reply where it belongs.
Gone but not forgotten
- Universal Classic forums -
- They seem to be gone for good now.
- Alot of people have problems replying on the Universal Classic boards if they have AOL.
If you have AOL and are getting an 'Internal Server Error' when attempting to post all you
need to do is download a full working version of Internet Explorer from Microsoft instead
of using the aftermarket AOL IE version. Then you can post ....
- UniClassic is no longer registering new users ... the only people who can post are
people who've registered already ... but everyone can read posts ...
- As of July 14, 1999, I'm no longer seeing the forum graphics ... but it could be me!
- UniClassic forums have two resident monsters, Spooler monster and Throttle
monster. Occasionally, we've even seen others, briefly. Do not keep posting
if you see these error messages. Most of the time, your message will be lost, but
occasionally, it won't and we have a real jumble of duplicate posts arrive all at one.
- If you want to "test post", post under an already posted "test"
thread - that way, they'll be all together ...
- MCA/Ichat hates the combination of letters "HTTP". If you are
trying to post a link there, leave out the HTTP part - instead of
you'll need to put